Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Happy Pie Day
I (Tiff) just wanted to comment on how much I look forward to the middle of the week. If you don't know, Bakers Square has Pie Rush Wednesdays....basically free pie with any purchase. It's a great time to meet up with friends and enjoy good pie. Since it officially feels like fall, pumpkin pie is in season. Trav had a huge piece of pumpkin. It was really good, but it fails in comparison to some of the family recipes. I tried a new pie Berry Peary. It's a combination of fresh pears and blueberries. Now some of you might think that it wouldn't taste good at all, I was even skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted. The chefs mixed sweet and tangy flavors together in a perfect combination. The pie was even served warm which made the flavors melt together even more. Now that I've probably made you all start to crave your favorite pies, I better get going. Just keep in mind that next Wednesday if you're hungry for some pie, go grab a free slice and enjoy time with friends/family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment